Thursday 16 July 2009

Ragefire Chasm - Tick

So yesterday I decided to follow up part of my lvl 20 paladin quest.

Ragefire Chasm is quite possibly the lowest instance I can think of to run through, and I also needed to activate a thingy to get a boss to steal some blood of his. I've always wondered what that glowing thingy was for at the back of this little instance.

Soloing it at lvl 22 was easy enough, I only pulled at max a mob of three, even if they are lvl 13-1 elites, they still packed a bit of a punch if I got four of them. The real downside to doing this instance like this was I wasn't getting any xp unless I killed a boss, because all the mobs were grey for me.

Still my little tankadin breezed though the simple little instance, I was amazed that I managed to fill all my 16 slot bags while in there, with a whole bunch of greens, and the occasional blue. Having sent them off for selling/disenchanting, I made a tidy profit of about 5-10 gold. Plus that's now two down on the paladin quest.

I've got to run into Shadowfang Keep and Razorfen Downs to get the next two things I need. I know that SF is going to be a pain soloing, so I might just wait until I've leveled up to about 30ish.

I'm still running a bunch of Rep gaining q's for undercity, which will all end up in me hitting SFK anyway. Then I'll pop over to Tarren Mill for a little bit, then back over to Ogrimmar for some Rep grinding there.

Flight paths and what not are slowly getting populated, and my Rep is shooting through the roof.

While I've been running around, I've been mining mainly copper, some tin, and super rarely some silver ore.

Copper sells for about 6g a stack at the weekends, and late evenings. I'm sitting on about 100g atmo just from that, not amazing but great for such a low level character that's only selling rarely. Tin ore I've found isn't all that great on the AH, but silver is, everyone wants silver. I think I probably could sell that in trade chat for a bit more if I were patient enough.



I've also been doing my cooking as and when I've got something to roast up, this has netted me enough buff food to last forever, I'm always running around with that bit extra stamina and spirit, which is nice. I think I'll level cooking up on this character as I go along, that said, I've said this for my Lock and Rogue, both of which I abandoned around the 150 mark. Here's to hoping.


So next on the agenda will be to get some more Rep, I made a boo boo with my exalted status with Silvermoon city, I'm exalted with tranquillien not them, so I'll have to work on that as I level.

After I hit about lvl 25-6, I'll run back to ghostlands and finish off that 3k hp boss in deatholme, who apparently needs 5 people to kill him.

Not on my watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allergic to PUGs?

That's just a comment, by the way, not a suggestion or criticism. I'm just interested in the way different people people :)

Joe said...

I like the solo aspect of teh game if I can help it ;)